It may appear that if you’ve seen one water well tank; you’ve seen them all. However, the reality is that there are multiple styles, makes, shapes, and different materials that make up today’s storage water tanks – each with their own attributes, benefits and designed for specific applications. It’s due to these facts that a property owner should be aware of the different types of water storage tanks that are available for water well systems and how to select the right one.
Here are a few tips to consider when you’re in the market for buying a new water storage tank for your property.
How to Choose a Water Storage Tank in Phoenix
When it comes to storing water in the desert, there are a few realities that we need to consider that simply don’t apply to other parts of the country. These are a few of the items that you should factor when looking into buying a new water storage tank for your water well system.
- Durability: It’s extremely hot and dry in the Phoenix Valley. While the water itself can help cool down the storage tanks, the fact is that outside components like hoses, fittings, pumps and other mechanical devices are often exposed to the elements. When you’re looking for a replacement tank – whether it’s plastic or metal, look at the supporting equipment and components as well.
- Location of the Tank: As we noted above, the water storage tank can take quite a beating from Mother Nature. However, location of the tank is also a big factor that will help you determine which is best for your application. If you have a storage tank installed in a garage or inside an environmentally controlled area – the type of material is not as critical as one that is located outside or underground.
- Price: Another item that often impacts a buying decision is the price of an item. However, there is also cost involved in buying, installation and maintenance of the water storage tank to consider. Before you buy, always speak to a water tank installation professional about these important elements.
Which is Better; A Plastic or Metal Tank?
Another important item to consider when purchasing a new water well tank is the material. There are basically two types of water storage tanks that are built for residential water well systems; metal storage tanks and plastic water tanks. Each of them has advantages to consider:
- A metal tank has been the choice of many homeowners that have water well systems for several years because of their durability and reduced impact on water taste. They are designed from galvanized stainless steel, so rust and other issues in the past are typically not a concern any longer.
- Plastic or poly (polyethylene) tanks have come a long way in the past decade. They are built for strength and durability and help keep drinking water pure without having spoilage issues. Poly tanks also handle extreme climates exceptionally well – which makes them a great solution for Phoenix area homeowners with water well systems. For people with underground tanks, it’s always best to seek the advice of a professional water storage tank installation company as different systems and locations have better solutions than others.
Buying a new water well tank can be simplified when you work with a company that has experience and the resources to sale, service and install these units. Always take time to contact a water well service company in Phoenix about what type of water storage tank is best suited for you. They’ll be happy to give you the facts so you can make a smart decision.
Do you need water tanks installed on your property? Call Pump It Up Pump Services, Inc. and let one of our water tank professionals help guide you through the process. Contact us by email or call 623-582-5069 now!